The wedding quilt was picked up first thing this morning.
It was too big to get a great picture of it but here it is spread out for a good de-theading. It was headed to a bridal shower this evening and I hope the bride loves it as much as her grandmother and I.
Right after this quilt went on it’s way a new one arrived in the mail!
This is from my Doll Quilt Swap partner for April. I love it! The colors are beautiful and I love batiks. I also sent hers out this afternoon.
Here is the quilt I made for my partner. She told me that she likes 1800s so I raided my 1800s stash and designed this after a quilt I had made a few years ago. I like how it turned out and I hope she does too.
I did my FMQ challenge for April. I wasn’t sure I’d like following a pattern but I had fun with it.
I stayed on the line pretty well and I love how it looks finished. I still need to to my block on my sampler quilt but I should be able to get that done over the next couple of days.
I have been finishing things here and there I just haven’t been getting to blogging them.
Up first though this is the generous prize I won from Pippa’s Patch last month. I love the quilt journal I can’t wait to start planning in it. I’m trying to think of something special to use the fabric with.
Here is my Stash Bee block and siggy block for April. I finished these a while ago but I still need to get them sent.
Here’s a sneaky peek at my Doll Quilters Monthly swap quilt. My partner likes 1800’s so I dipped into my stash for this quilt. Hope she loves it.
I also finished the quilting on the wedding star quilt yesterday and got the binding sewn on today. Now it’s sitting on my couch to be hand sewn.
I didn’t even wait until the last day! Are you surprised because I sure am. I was so excited that this months guest teacher was Ann Fahl. Her book Thread Dancing was the first book on FMQ that I bought. I didn’t do the loops or the stars because I’ve had lots of practice with them since they are two of my favorite quilting designs. I’m quite proud of my spirals. I need to work on my speed control with them but I like how they worked. I’m not so good with the flowers. The ones that didn’t get messed up by my misbehaving bobbing looked ok but they are HUGE. I’m going to have to learn how to make them better and a little smaller.
So of course I chose the spirals for my sampler quilt. I knew I could get them to look at least halfway decent.
Here’s my first three months. I think that I’m doing ok. I definitely see improvement.
I also cheated a little and got an early start on one of my guilds next projects. We’re making a Stack-n-Whack and I couldn’t wait to see what would come out of my fabric. I also wanted to have some done so I could pick out a background at a great sale this weekend.
This is the only block that I have sewn so far and a scrap of fabric I had to test the kind of fabric I want to buy. I think that I really like the pink with it. Can’t wait to get more done and to be able to go shopping this weekend.
I did it!!! I’ve been saying for over a week I was going to get this quilt top finished and today I finally did it.
This isn’t the greatest picture. It’s hanging over the quilting machine waiting to be rolled on and quilted. That’s not on the list until at least next week. I’m hoping that while it hangs there it will tell me how it wants to be quilted. Any ideas are more than welcome. My biggest worry is that I only have a midarm machine and this quilt is 95 ” square. By the time I get to the other end I’m not going to have very much quilting space.
I also got all of y pieces cut out and ready to sew for my spring mystery quilt. That is going to get finished first thing tomorrow so that I can take it back to show the store and get a 25% discount this week.
This is what it will look like when I get it finished!
It’s so close to being finished. I have one border left to go. Don’t all of those solids look great though!?! It will for sure be done tomorrow. Then I need to get my spring mystery quilt sewn together and get my FMQ challenge done for this month. Once again I am demonstrating my amazing skills of procrastination.
Yesterday I finished the fairy I’ve been cross stitching. The picture isn’t the best because of the frame but she is absolutely gorgeous! The pattern is a free one from Passione Ricomo. I jazzed her up with some sparkle and beading. All in all I’m pretty excited about my projects!
Tinkerbell isn’t too impressed though. She’d rather be left out of the stitching.
I let myself have fun with blog hopping and cross stitching this weekend I am still getting some sewing done though. I promise I am!
I had a guild meeting this morning and I was able to get this sewn for my spring mystery quilt.
Pardon all of the threads on my design wall. This is my spring banner. I will thread a string through the letters and hang it on the top of the quilt.
I also got the back ready for the wedding quilt I’m making. The quilt is 95 inches square so it was a HUGE back to make. I had to get that made because I was wanting to use what I trimmed off of it in the front of the quilt. It doesn’t seem like a lot but at least I feel like I accomplished something.
If you haven’t entered in my giveaway check out the previous post. You still have until Saturday to enter.